Sunday, November 29, 2009

It Makes A Noise

Last night, the family was staying and Grandma and Grandpa's house, and we needed to wake up early to drive back home. Aaron was acting cranky and so I decided to sleep in Jacob's room since I wanted to be well-rested for the drive. So I snuck into Jacob's room and managed to get into bed without waking Jacob up, but shortly afterward Jacob woke up crying. I climbed down and asked him, "what's the matter?"

Jacob told me, "it makes a noise."

I figured he was having a bad dream or something, so I calmed him down and told him the noise was all gone, and he went back to sleep. Then I went back to bed. Right as I was about to drift off, Jacob started fussing again. "It makes a noise again! Daddy, it makes a noise again."

After going and comforting him a second time, I realized what the noise really was. It was me, snoring.

I tried sleeping in a different position and we made it through the rest of the night without incident.

I told Mandi this story and she asked Jacob what the noise sounded like; he did an absolutely hilarious impression of snoring.

No comments: