Monday, January 25, 2010

Bits and Pieces

My brain is on overload right now. Here are some bits and pieces of what's going on:

1. The meeting with all involved for the mess with our house went well. Work should commence on Wednesday. They are removing and reinstalling the windows, doing something with the balcony and stucco to fix holes and drainage problems, redoing the tile floors in the upstairs bathrooms, and changing the tile in the playroom to wood. Oh, and fixing the damp and missing drywall downstairs. This means more construction. I'm tired of construction.

2. It's supposed to rain again tomorrow and Wednesday morning. Another inch. Good thing the gutters went up today. But more towels to wash for the leaky windows.

3. Jacob has been vomiting off and on since Tuesday evening. We had to take him in to urgent care yesterday due to some dehydration. He was doing really well, and then today he puked again. I'm tired of puke. We get to go back to the doctor tomorrow.

4. John's birthday is tomorrow. I have nothing planned. I feel really bad. I wanted to make the day special, but with everything else going on (rain, puke, construction, etc.) it just hasn't happened. And now Jacob and I can't even make a cake because Jacob can't eat it.

And because this post is just too depressing, here is a random smattering of photos that I've found.


If only he could eat like this now.


This boy loves trucks and machines.


And tractors, too.


This boy loves his Papa (and his Papa loves him).


Jacob received the play dough and rolling pins for Christmas, and sat at this little table in my mom and dad's kitchen for over an hour, playing with the new stuff. Occasionally, we call out, "How you doing, Jacob?" And we'd hear a little voice, "I'm good."


Just remember, babies are smarter than you think. This attempt to keep Aaron out of the toilet did not work.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, Mandi. This sounds exhausting. Hopefully Jacob is feeling better soon! And that last picture of the toilet had me laughing out loud. A good reminder for those of us without kids...by the way, I love your new blog header and your special signatures that are unique for you and John. Very cool!

Amanda said...

Oh my..the blue tape didnt work??? Such sweet pictures... and such a sweet little boy!

Blessings-
Amanda

Oh... and dont stress yourself out about the birthday... guys are WAY easier to please then girls... give him a big smooch! :)