Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Wrap-up

It's been a big week, so I figured I'd just review it, bullet-point style. And no, I still haven't used the camera once since Christmas. I know. Shame on me. But after you read this list, maybe you'll forgive me (at least for this week).

* It's been raining for six straight days. And it's probably going to rain some more in the wee hours of tomorrow morning. Total rainfall so far (not including today): 4.9 inches

* Our house is still not watertight. We had 3 doors and 4 windows leaking. 2 of the doors got fixed. The roof is still holding as far as we can tell. (Praise God!)

* Turns out that the biggest reason 1 door and 3 windows are leaking is because of improper drainage and hidden holes in the stucco behind the balcony off of our master bedroom. The other reason the windows are leaking is because they were installed improperly.

* We now have another hole in the drywall, this one above the one leaking door to confirm that the balcony and holes in the stucco are the cause of the leakage. I'm so tired of holes in drywall.

* Jacob, Aaron, and I all had the stomach flu yesterday. Poor Jacob had it the worst.

* I washed 8 loads of towels this week.

* Jacob didn't get to go to school at all this week. But he did take 3 baths yesterday.

* I didn't go to MOPS this morning.

* Jacob watched The Little Mermaid from start to finish twice this morning. I was nursing Aaron in another room when it finished the first time and wasn't able to turn it off. After it started up again, and he looked so tired and forlorn, I didn't have the heart to tell him it needed to be turned off so he could go play. He didn't have the energy to play.

* John is amazing and stayed home from work yesterday to help me.

* John discovered yesterday that much of our tile has been improperly installed onto particle board.

* We have a meeting tomorrow with our real estate agent, the guy who sold us the house, his contractor who did all of the work before he sold it, and a contractor we trust. We are praying that all that needs to be fixed in our house can be worked out and fixed correctly and quickly.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh dear!! I hope you are all feeling better ASAP!! It is so hard to be a mom and take care of a house when you are feeling sick. Thank goodness you have a great hubby who could help!

Blessings-
Amanda