Monday, March 15, 2010

Aaron is ONE! (almost)

Can you believe it? I can hardly believe our baby is almost one! To celebrate, I decided to do something a little different.

We've had Jacob professionally photographed a number of times. I haven't been overly impressed with the chain store company that we have used (and their prices!) and while I liked the private photographer we've used with MOPS, her pictures were getting kinda old, too. So, we just haven't had Aaron professionally photographed very often.

For Aaron's first birthday, I really, really wanted a smash cake with pictures. John thought I was crazy, but I thought it would be fun, especially for my little eater. But I didn't know any photographer who would do it, so I googled for "Orange County Smash Cake." And I found Suzuki Photography. I loved the pictures that she had on her site. And her prices were decent. I went ahead and booked a session.

Wow! Wow! Wow! I like to take pictures of my kids. But I'm not very good at it. This So. Cal. mom is amazing! She has a studio in her home, and two boys of her own, so she really gets kids. And she worked so well with my baby. The pictures are incredible! All we have now is some teaser photos, we should be getting more in a week or so, but you can see them here. I can't wait to see more!

No comments: